We’re in love with smoothies right now.
The sun is shining in our apartment, the days are getting warmer. And fresh fruit, coconut, and almond milk scream summertime. Smoothies are awesome because we can add whatever our bodies are telling us they need – a scoop of protein powder, a spoonful of peanut butter, a handful of spinach, or even a few vegan chocolate chips. Blitz it all in the blender, and we’ve got summer in a glass.
Perfect for a light breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up, our twist on the classic strawberry-banana combo is our favorite smoothie flavor of the week.
- 1 banana, broken into chunks
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Add all ingredients into the blender in the order listed.
- Pulse until starting to combine and then blend on high until liquified. Pour into glasses and serve.