Eating healthfully can sometimes be tricky. The office, where you spend 8+ hours a day, is one of the hardest places to stay away from temptation. 3:30p rolls around, and the donuts that a coworker left on the break room table in the morning start calling your name.
Packing a nutritious mid-afternoon snack can help keep you on track. You should aim for snacks to have a combination of protein and fiber. Protein fills you up, while fiber keeps you full for hours. Beans and legumes are one of the best vegan protein + fiber sources. And they are incredibly versatile, making great additions to salads and soups, dips, and stews.
Today’s recipe couldn’t be simpler! Roasted chickpeas are crunchy and slightly salty, and you can add any other flavors you like! Add a little chili powder before roasting and serve with a spritz of lime for a little south-of-the-border flair. Or roast with olive oil and dried basil and oregano to take your tastebuds on a tour of Italy!
Healthy never has to be boring!
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the chickpeas onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spread into one even layer, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. They’re done when they start getting brown and split open.
- When they’re done, remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt while still hot.
- Serve warm or room temperature.