What up Wednesday?? Roasted carrots doused with lemon tahini drizzle is where it’s at! 🙌
Okay, that may be a little over the top. But in all seriousness, I’m in L.O.V.E. with this super simple recipe.
Something magical happens when veggies hit the high heat of the oven. Their flavors intensify and deepen and they become absolutely irresistible. Carrots are one of my all time favorite veggies to roast. I ♡ them raw — dunked in ranch dressing, slathered with silky hummus, chopped up in a salad or just all on their own. But slow roasting carrots with nothing but a little olive oil, salt and pepper concentrates their sweet, savory flavor.
Top them with a generous drizzle of this tart, creamy, earthy sauce made of equal parts tahini, yogurt and lemon juice and you’ve got something totally craveable.
That’s it! It doesn’t get any better than 5 simple, whole foods ingredients and a little bit of time to bring out their very best. It’s almost hard to even call it a recipe. You’re going to want to whip up a batch of these today for sure.
Go ahead and get that oven preheated to 400 F. I’ll wait… 😉
Roasted veggies are a definite staple in my kitchen year round, no matter the weather. I’ll often make a big batch of roasted veggies over the weekend to eat throughout the week. They’re amazing piping hot out of the oven as a super simple side, and almost better cooled down and tossed into salads, rice bowls and that savory porridge that’s been all the rage lately. The simple act of roasting — cranking up the oven and putting in a little time — transforms veggies from something you feel like you have to eat into something you want to eat, and go back to for seconds and thirds.
And they’re so amazingly versatile. Here’s how to make your roasted carrots (or substitute your favorite veggie) work for you:
THE WONDERFUL VERSATILITY OF ROASTED CARROTS
- Eat them as a side fish with your fav protein
- Chop them up into bite-sized pieces and toss them in a salad with a simple dressing — the lemon tahini sauce below thinned out with a little water would be perfect
- Wrap them in a pillowy pita with chickpeas, lettuce, roasted peppers and more of that lemon tahini sauce for a quick, healthy lunch
- Dice them and then scramble with eggs, cheese and top with (you guessed it!) more of that lemon tahini sauce
- Blend them up into a quick pasta sauce, like this creamy roasted red pepper pasta recipe
- Pour them over a hot bowl of plain oatmeal with a bit of salt, pepper and an over easy egg 😛😛
Simple recipe, simple post. I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 1 bunch carrots, about 5-6 large
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp plan greek yogurt (I used whole milk yogurt)
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt + pepper
- 1-3 tbsp water, to taste
- Chopped parsley for topping
- ROAST THE CARROTS: Preheat your oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside. Cut your carrots down the middle lengthwise. Place on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast on the middle rack for 35-40 minutes, stirring them around every 10 minutes, until they begin to char a bit and are tender but still keep a bite to them.
- MAKE THE SAUCE: While the carrots are roasting, add the yogurt, tahini, and lemon juice with a pinch of salt and pepper to a small food processor. Blend until smooth. Add up to 3 tbsp of water to achieve your desired drizzling consistency.
- BRING IT TOGETHER: Drizzle your roasted carrots with the lemon tahini sauce and sprinkle with parsley.