Few foods scream summer quite like pesto. It’s fresh, green, vibrant, light — everything you could ask for in a flavor-packed sauce with all the wow-factor and none of the fuss. Did I mention it comes together in under 5 minutes? Perfect for days when you can’t be bothered to spend more than 20 minutes on dinner (ahem, all the summer days).
This five-minute pesto will elevate pretty much anything you’ve got in your pantry or fridge:
- Toss it with pasta, and maybe a little Italian sausage and peas
- Spread over grilled chicken or fish
- Use it to marinate beef
- Spoon it on as your pizza sauce
- Whisk with a little Caesar dressing for a fresh take on a classic salad
- Sandwich it into grilled cheese
- Eat it with a spoon (no, just me?)
Everyone will be so impressed you made your own pesto. You don’t need to tell anyone how easy it was to make. That’ll be our little secret.
All you need are a handful of ingredients, a food processor and a few minutes of your time. Let’s go.
5-Minute Walnut Pesto
- Food processor
- 2 cups greens I used basil and parsley, but you could sub in anything you'd like — spinach, arugula, kale
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- A squeeze of lemon
- Add ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until everything is chopped up. Scrape down the sides, then blend until it reaches your desired consistency.
Looking for more pesto goodness? Try my Superfood Pesto which uses kale and spinach as its base.