My love of ice cream knows no bounds. Especially when it’s as hot as it’s been this summer. By the time
4p 9a rolls around, I’m ready for a little frozen something to cool down. And while I know technically I could eat ice cream every day, I probably shouldn’t. Enter “nice cream” — the simplest, most decadent, no-churn ice cream that’s sneakily cream and added sugar-free.
I struggle to even call this a recipe because it’s so easy to make. And there’s literally zero cooking involved. Just blend and enjoy.
Blueberry is just one of many flavors. I’ve also got my eye on a few other combos to try soon:
- Chocolate, with vanilla extract and cocoa powder
- Mint chocolate chip, with peppermint extract and chocolate chips
- Peanut butter cup, with both peanut butter and peanut butter cup candies (drool)
- Pina colada, with coconut milk and pineapple
- Coconut mango, inspired by my coconut mango semifreddo
- And so many more…
I used a large food processor to blend everything together, but if you have a high-powered blender, that would work great too.
A few banana tips to help make your nice cream dreams come true:
- Let your bananas ripen — the riper (think brown spots on the peel), the sweeter your nice cream will be without needing to add too much honey or other sweetener
- Cut your bananas into pieces 1″ or smaller — the smaller they are, the easier they’ll blend up into a soft serve-like consistency
- Make sure your banana pieces are frozen all the way through — I find it easiest to put them in the freezer overnight
Okay, enough talking already. Let’s get to the good stuff 👇
4-Ingredient Blueberry Banana Nice Cream
- Food processor
- 2 bananas, frozen overnight in 1" pieces
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until they start to break up.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then blend on high until a smooth ice cream-like texture forms.
- Serve immediately, topped with anything you like — chopped nuts, chocolate chips, coconut are favs of mine.